Well.. there’s a saying, “An idle mind is the devils workshop”. The Devil in my mind has some incredible things to do. So creative, so imaginative, so bloody dangerous.
I’m going through a phase right now, where I’d like to forget. Weird, no? Who would want to forget about anything. I want to forget what color my shoes are, and which tee I’d like to match them with. (Uhhhmmmm, Yes, I try and match my tee to the shoes, and trust me its quite a task in itself). I also want to forget about what I’d typically be doing on a weekend, otherwise. I want to do something new, read, laugh, sing out loud. Well, I try singing this song often at home, but no one takes the hint -> Char baj gaye, lekin Party abhi baaki hai ! Daddy hai naraaz, lekin party abhi baaki hai. This is sooooooooo not my type of song. Weird I find it so catchy. Specially since its to DUMB. The implications, would be
a) ban on the song
b) a long talk, about my perspective of the world
c) insistence that my opinion doesn’t matter, one bit.
Ok, maybe not. I’m only going to experiment, and find out what truly happens.
Humm, HUMMM… ears sharp for reaction… None what-so-ever. Tip toe to Dads room, soft snoring sounds. Damn, maybe some other time.
Ok, I strayed. The song is too catchy, I tell you.
Anyhooo, I was thinking of a few things to do when one is exxxtreeemely bored/flustered/depressed. Here’re some of them -
* Go potter around. I mean, literally. I have a little garden, which I prod around aimlessly sometimes. Do this in social seclusion. The calm that it gives you is unparalleled. If you don’t have a garden, buy a potted plant. Thats how gardens start, by the way.
* Ding a dong, oh baby, sing a song. Anyone remember this song? It exists. Highlight, copy, Google. (Sorry, Yahoo it – fake it sounds). I mean, sing loud, remember the good times, smile.
* Turn Facebook off. Read some blogs. Read some of them that you’ll find through my blog, to be precise. They’re cartloads of fun.
* Take your camera, head out. Go for a walk. Move your sorry *** and click photos. Its fun. I’m still trying to figure out my camera. Be warned, I’ve some pics coming to get you.
* Dress up. Even if its for you to ogle at yourself/criticize yourself. The good thing that can come out of this is that you could miraculously come up with the idea that you need to hit the gym, and get back in shape.
* IF you are a boy, go find yourself a playstation. Uhmmm I guess. No?
* Pull out your old comics, and read. Even if its just the Tinkle. (Post on Tinkle coming up soon, just thought of it). Remember Uncle Pai, suppandi, Shikari Shambu?
* Doodle. That could be the best piece of art you’ve come up with.
* Crib about Star wars. Pointlessly.
* Fight, for fun. Wrestle, if you have the “option”. Make up.
* Write – Pour your heart out on paper, on a blog or on any material you find. Share it, if its not too personal. You’ll be amazed at the kind of perspective you get when you do. Thats why I love my blog, so much!
* Most importantly. SHOP! WHeeeeee!!! :)
Now, you add to this list.
My work here is done, lekin party abhi baaki hai.
Daddy Hai naaraz, lekin party abhi baaki hai.
(Argh, time to pass on the bug to someone else. Watch. Jhess! You must watch! )